It's the last week of school. The kiddos have been gone since Tuesday and we have been spending two days in riveting PD...
1. One of my fabulous little girls walked in with this on Tuesday. I loved the idea of it and had to share! They painted the base of the tray with chalkboard paint. I am not going to be wiping it off anytime soon, but what a great idea!
2. I have to admit that I was behind on getting something donated to the Teacher's Notebook effort for the Moore, OK relief. Since I forgot to donate something in a timely manner, I decided to buy it the bundle to help towards the effort to raise money. I got an e-mail last night that they have raised $32,000 but they need help getting the word out. Post it on facebook, tweet it, e-mail teachers at your school...etc. and let them know about this wonderful bundle that goes towards a worthy cause. I just can't imagine what that community is going through. Teachers are wonderful people for coming together and helping.
3. The school held a talent show and this is one of my students jamming out. This wasn't from the school talent show, but from one that he did when he was 4. I knew he could play the drums, but I had no idea he was this good! This kid will be famous...
4. My class came together and "filled" Ms. Dana's (my fabulous TA) bucket! I had made end of the year buckets for all of my students and wanted to make one for Ms. Dana. A parent made her this adorable bucket and we filled it with all of her favorite things (Whole Foods gift cards, Kind bars, dark chocolate, Paper Source She was such a wonderful addition to my classroom this year and the kids loved her so I wanted to do something nice. It turned out better than I could have imagined!
5. I blogged about this the last day of school, but my parents got me a sign to match my blog. It's huge. I can't wait to get it hung up in my classroom. I was beyond thrilled when I opened it.A local artist painted it for me and I am in love with it!
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend...I'm checking off something from my bucket list and my team and their families are headed to the vineyard tomorrow!